Weekly Top 20 Songs
- The Chemical Brothers, Take That among acts at Apple Music FestivalApple used its Beats 1 radio to announce five new acts lined up for the Apple Music Festival running from September 19 to 28.
- Director defends Taylor Swift's music video of whitewashingNEW YORK (AP) — The director of Taylor Swift's new music video is defending the singer after some claimed she whitewashed her video based in Africa.
- Music-Loving Marthas Announces Its Grand Opening Inside Revolution HallFor years, the historic Washington High School building in the Buckman neighborhood lacked an identity, but in April 2015, it became Revolution Hall, a new performance venue with connections to Mississippi Studios and the Aladdin Theater. As of next week, it will also be home to Marthas café and bar, which will hold its grand […]
- Nicky Jam leads nominees for new Latin American Music AwardsLOS ANGELES (AP) — Latin urban singer Nicky Jam leads the nominees for the first Latin American Music Awards with six nominations.
- Romania names conductor Zubin Mehta to head music festivalBUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Prominent conductor Zubin Mehta has been named as the new honorific chairman of the George Enescu International Music Festival.
- Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd, Beach House and More Music ReviewsThe Weeknd, Beach House, Yo La Tengo and others came out with new albums too.
- David Bowie pens music for SpongeBob stage versionDavid Bowie, known for the intellectual bent of his music, is penning music for what will likely be lighter fare -- a musical based on cartoon character SpongeBob. Chicago's Oriental Theatre announced that the English rock icon and artist is leading an array of top musicians in composing the score for "SpongeBob The Musical" which […]